The Mary Sue looking for dedicated freelance writers to bolster our SEO-focused content! We are looking for journalists/bloggers who have our intersectional feminist perspective on geek culture and who have deep knowledge and passion for fandom, feminism, pop culture, politics, movies, TV, comics , technology, weird internet memes and Suite! You should mostly be plugged into the latest and greatest fandom. Do you have fifteen notifications popping up on your phone from various sources every time there’s an update on the sequel to your favorite franchise? We want to hear from you.
So what are the job expectations? We need a minimum of 25 posts per month, but we’re really looking for a lot more (100+ posts/month), especially from people who have experience writing for similar outlets – or for us in the past! Your primary focus will be writing SEO content as assigned, from brief breakdowns on everything fans need to know in movies, TV, and games to top lists and answering burning internet questions with your expertise. fandom.
Our rates vary by content, ranging from $15 to $60 depending on the length and type of story, with most items falling in the $25 range.
What are we looking for in a future freelance writer?
- Someone who is proud to be called a geek and a feminist.
- A fast-paced writer who has a knack for relaying information in a fun, fan-oriented way.
- Someone eager to learn and incorporate feedback to develop their writing skills.
- Familiarity with WordPress/blogging platforms and social media. (Mostly Facebook and Twitter, but Tumblr, TikTok, Instagram and more are great too!)
- A multitasker that can consume a large amount of information in a short time.
- The ability to write quickly and accurately.
- Previous freelance experience.
What do we want in your application sent to [email protected]?
- The subject line of your email should read: “TMS Freelance Writer 2022”.
- A brief cover letter as the BODY of your email.
- Your CV/CV (as an attachment) or your LinkedIn profile (choose one).
- At least two links to examples of your writing.
- Links to your personal website/portfolio/blog, podcasts/videos and/or any public social media account you wish to share.
The Mary Sue has made a name for itself as a feminist and inclusive space for nerds and geeks of all types, reaching 2-3 million readers every month with great content ranging from fun with the latest internet trends to incisive social commentary on pop culture and news. We have big plans for 2022 and are looking to bring in talented writers who can help us grow this established readership explosively in the year ahead, and we’re excited for the opportunities this growth will open up for The Mary Sue’the future.
Do you have a tip we should know? [email protected]